You can apply if
- you are aged up to 40 years,
- you have completed your studies
Please note that applications from those still enrolled in degree programs during the application round will not be considered. PhD candidates may submit applications,
- you speak English, or German or French. The knowledge of either English, German or French is a prerequisite for application,
- you are willing to have your permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship’s duration (obligation to register as a Stuttgart citizen during the residence).
You cannot apply if
- you are older than 40 years,
(A very limited number of fellowships are awarded regardless of the applicants’ age.
Decisions relating to the above will be made by the responsible jurors.)
- you are still studying,
- you are applying for a fellowship from the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg (Baden-Württemberg Art Foundation) at the same time,
- you are a former fellow of the Akademie Schloss Solitude.
The Solitude fellowship is a residency fellowship. At least two thirds of the fellowship period must be spent at the Akademie.
Applicants whose applications are refused during a specific selection procedure may send in applications during two other rounds (maximum).
Applicants are obliged to register and pay the application fee (it’s an administration fee) of Euro 15 (no return of materials). This fee applies only to applicants from industrial countries (see list of countries).